How i can mage EXE file after write program

Sajjad Seyyed

hi every body

im sajjad from iran but studetn in india

i have 2 problems

frist problem has my english languige it has not good sometimes

2th problem is i have one program means i wrot one program like :

puts "Hi Ruby..."

ok now i wanna make it to EXE file

now i wanna know what should i do ?

please help
its that right i m from iran but i wanna learning ruby .

thank you from all of you dears

thank you .

I wating :x

Sajjad Seyyed

if its possible please but here for me one program for make EXE file and
learn it

THANK YOU ALL OF YOU

Marvin Gülker

Sajjad said:
if its possible please but here for me one program for make EXE file and
learn it

THANK YOU ALL OF YOU

If you would look what has been discussed in several threads in the last
two days, you would have found what to do.

Sajjad Seyyed

Marvin said:
If you would look what has been discussed in several threads in the last
two days, you would have found what to do.

Thank you
but whats is this ocra ? how i can find it?
where is the ocra?
please tell meeeeeeeeeee

Marvin Gülker

Sajjad said:
Thank you
but whats is this ocra ? how i can find it?
where is the ocra?
please tell meeeeeeeeeee

Do this in a command line:
gem update --system
gem install ocra
cd "X:\path\to your\script's directory"
ocra yourscript.rb

That
1. updates your RubyGems software
2. installs the ocra gem
3. Changes your working directory to your script's directory
4. Compiles your script to an executable file.

Marvin

Ruby Newbee

2009/11/23 Marvin G=C3=BClker said:
Do this in a command line:
gem update --system
gem install ocra
cd "X:\path\to your\script's directory"
ocra yourscript.rb

That
1. updates your RubyGems software
2. installs the ocra gem
3. Changes your working directory to your script's directory
4. Compiles your script to an executable file.

I'm also interested in this.
Can ocra handle the complicated scripts?
For example, a ruby script which includes many external libraries.

Thank you.

Marvin Gülker

Ruby said:
I'm also interested in this.
Can ocra handle the complicated scripts?
For example, a ruby script which includes many external libraries.

Thank you.

I would wonder if not. ocra compiles much better than the old
rubyscript2exe, so many external libraries shouldn't be the problem.
When I'm working on my Windows Vista and creating GUIs with wxRuby it
handles that just fine (but most of my time I'm working on Linux Ubuntu,
so I may be not up to date...). As far as I know, ocra has an option to
include DLLs as well. So, just try it!

Marvin