How is the application scoped? Question from 70-547 exam prep. kit

maciek kanski

Hello

Please help me grasp the idea of the following question:
> You are a consultant developing an e-commerce Web site for a client.
> You need to decide which configuration attributes to store for the
> application. Which considerations should you take into account?

and the correct answer with explanation is:
> You would need to know whether your application was user, machine,
> domain, or session scoped.

Maybe it's a problem with my understanding of the english language,
however I'll appreciate in other words examples of
user|machine|domain|session scoped applications in the context of
storing configuration attributes for the (web) application.

Regards

LVP

Just guessing,

user: each user can have their our attributes or preferences
like email accounts
machine: preferences for the entire machine regardless of user
logging onto the website ( cookie )
domain: based on domain, English, Italian
Session: storing info on session when session is over all reset

LVP