How many nodes is recomended in a treeview

Henke

Hi!
We are using the TreeView control to display data in a web application.
We have noticed that the performance is extremely low when there are many
nodes in the tree. Is there any recomendation regardning the maximum number
of nodes in the tree? Is there any way to increase the performance, or maybe
any other component to use?

Thanks, Henke!

Patrick.O.Ige

I think microsoft advice was not to have more than 1000 nodes:)
How are u populating ur TreeView ?

Henke

Hi!

I populate i dynamicly with treeView.Nodes.Add(new TreeNode("A new Node"))
It's a quiete big hierarchy with six levels and I don't know how many nodes
in every level.

/Henke

Simon

I actually use the Infragistics tree control for Win and Web development. I
havent tested this claim, but I'm sure they said that with their most recent
release, adding a thousand nodes wouldnt take much longer than adding ten.

AS a user though, I dont think I'd ever want to use a tree view to navigate
1000 nodes!

Simon

Henke

I'll take a look at Infragistics.
How many nodes do you think it's in your filesystem =) ?

/Henke