How much to US developers charge

dorayme

Take what you charge in your country and convert it to US Dollars.

I dont charge clients per hour, never have, despite having 100+ clients. [/QUOTE]

Yes you do _in effect_. It takes you a certain number of hours to
complete jobs. Right? And you get a certain amount of money for
those jobs? Right? And you must have at least some idea of what
that figure is, surely. Now, that would seem to me a much more
reasonable and accurate way of fixing a figure for your own
situation than getting people to pluck figures out of the air, to
tell you the absurd and confusing range of possibilities at play
in the US.

Kevin Scholl

SAZ said:
$120+ is way too high. In Chicago, $75 - 80 is at the high end for
straight HTML, $50 is the average. For PHP or ASP, the average is
around $70 - 75/hour.

You will note that I specified these figures as those that Web solutions
companies dole out. I've seen it many times, from several such
companies. However, certainly the figures you state are more in line
with an individual freelancer/consultant, yes.

Kevin Scholl http://www.ksscholl.com/
(e-mail address removed)