How to add a "Please Wait..." message when populating a TreeView

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by jeeji, May 26, 2007.

  1. jeeji

    jeeji Guest

    Hi

    I have a web application which has a TreeView control from the ASP
    WebControls namespace. The creation of the TreeView is coded in C#.
    For some of the nodes, I have set the property PopulateOnDemand, since
    this is a time consuming operation, and not all nodes should be
    populated.

    But whenever I click in a node that is to be populated on demand, it
    takes so long time because it is performed on the server side. And
    because it takes a long time, nothing happens on the client side,
    after clicking on the node to be popluated.
    I would like to give the user a "Please Wait..." message as the child
    of the node that was clicked. And when the operation is finished, it
    replaces the "Please Wait..." message with the resulting child node.

    Is that not possible with those controls I am using?

    Thanks a lot

    Jeeji

    jeeji, May 26, 2007