How to add a WSDL as Webservice Reference in Visual Studio

Greg Jimson

Hi,

I got from a friend just a WSDL file, how ever I do not have access to the
Web Service itself. I'd like program an app which needs to use this WS. What
steps need I to take?

Thanks for any hint
Greg

Tiago Halm

If using VS2005 (best option), use svcutil.exe:
svcutil.exe /?
(...)
svcutil *.wsdl *.xsd /language:C#
- Generate client code from local metadata documents.
(...)

Tiago Halm

Greg Jimson

Hi Tiago,
svcutil *.wsdl *.xsd /language:C#

Great. I was able to create a proxy class. When I use the Add Web Reference
menu in Visual Studio the result looks different. How do I create the same
result with my proxy class and WDSL file? Or in other words how do I create
a Web Reference just having the WSDL file and the proxy class?

Thanks for any advice

Greg