How to avoid back button?

Veeresh

I have written an ASP.Net application and has question regarding page
navigation.
Aftyer logging in to the web site by clicking on the back button user can go
back to the login ASPX page.
How to avoid this in ASP.Net ?
Thanks
Veer

John Saunders

Veeresh said:
I have written an ASP.Net application and has question regarding page
navigation.
Aftyer logging in to the web site by clicking on the back button user can go
back to the login ASPX page.
How to avoid this in ASP.Net ?

This cannot be avoided. The user is in control, not ASP.NET.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

After login, open a new window.
This window will have no history, so the back button will be disabled.
Yes, it's a bit of a hack but there is no perfect solution.

Veeresh

Launching a new window is really good idea.
Currently I have used Response.Redirect("nextPage.aspx") page. How to lunch
the new page from server side?
Thanks,
Veer

Veeresh

I can open a new window using window.open. Again the problem was closing the
existing window(login page).
I am calling window.close() followed by window.open statements. But a
confirmation message appears before it closes and looks not feasible for
production.
Veer