How to avoid URL direct access?

Gus

Hi:

I have a documents program in mi intranet, it only shows each user
authorized files and each line has the file description and a link to
open it.

The problem is that if anyone writes the file's URL address directly
into the browser (like: http://mydomain/myintranet/myfiles/myfile.pdf)
the file is opened without pass through the Intranet security.

How can I avoid the direct file access?

Regards,
Gus

Paul Hale

Hi Gus,

Dont know if you have resolved your problem yet but just a thought which
might help you out or point you in the right direction. Not sure what type of
authentication you have implemented but I would look at creating a number of
security groups and assign each user to specific groups. Then define each
group with appropiate access rights per folder. Each folder then holds files
relative to the related access group.

Paul.

Gus

Thanks for your hint Paul, but I have anonymous access, I mind it could
be hundreds of users and I don't want to manage operating system
rights.

Suppose you have a subscription web page and after the client's login
he can access links to documents you keep in the server. He open some
documents and then quit.

That I need, and I remember have seen it in some page, is to block a
direct access to the document without a login. Actually if I go to the
IE history I can access a document directly.

Regards,
Gus

Paul Hale ha escrito: