    to get into javascript, until recently. Please don't flame me if this
    question might be a bit stupid for you.
    , Apr 28, 2007

  2. On Apr 27, 5:09 pm, wrote:
    > I think you all know those richtext textboxes in forums etc.

    There are not any textareas involved in those rich-text editors (rte).

    Programming a complete rte would be a big job. If you want to learn
    the basic workings maybe an example I built to learn the workings will
    help <URL: http://peter.michaux.ca/temp/rte/example.html> Don't take
    this example as the greatest cross-browser whatever. I just wanted to
    understand a little.

    If you just want an rte, the most popular open source rte works in
    recent IE, FF and Opera releases. <URL: http://www.fckeditor.net/>

    If you are new to JavaScript...<URL: http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ3_1>

    Peter
    Peter Michaux, Apr 28, 2007

    On Apr 28, 2:38 am, Peter Michaux <> wrote:
    > On Apr 27, 5:09 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > I think you all know those richtext textboxes in forums etc.

    > There are not any textareas involved in those rich-text editors (rte).
    >
    > Programming a complete rte would be a big job. If you want to learn
    > the basic workings maybe an example I built to learn the workings will
    > help <URL:http://peter.michaux.ca/temp/rte/example.html> Don't take
    > this example as the greatest cross-browser whatever. I just wanted to
    > understand a little.
    >
    > If you just want an rte, the most popular open source rte works in
    > recent IE, FF and Opera releases. <URL:http://www.fckeditor.net/>
    >
    > If you are new to JavaScript...<URL:http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ3_1>
    >
    > Peter

    Thanks for your example, I will look into it.
    , Apr 28, 2007
  4. On Apr 27, 6:09 pm, wrote:
    > I think you all know those richtext textboxes in forums etc.

    > Well, my question is, how to make them? I don't ask for a complete
    > tutorial for a full blown control here, I just need a little tip. My
    > problem especialy: Where is the textarea tag in this rich text boxes?

    It's a document with designMode - on :

    Rich-Text Editing in Mozilla:
    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Rich-Text_Editing_in_Mozilla

    Converting an app using document.designMode from IE to Mozilla:
    http://www.mozilla.org/editor/ie2midas.html
    scripts.contact, Apr 28, 2007