How to check if browser supports Flash

Peter Larsson

Hi there,

I'm creating an advertisement system that will have several Flash animations
to be displayed. However, I'm looking for a way to check if the visitor's
browser supports displaying Flash. The purpose is to be able to
programmatically display a regular GIF version of the advertisement instead
if the browser does not support Flash. I know that several other sites have
this functionality, but is it something that ASP.NET can take care of, and
if so, how? Or does that logic somehow need to imbedded in the Flash .SWF
files?

Thank you in advance for any hints and information that will guide me in the
right direction.

Sincerely,

Peter Larsson

bruce barker

..net has no support for this. you have to write a client script sniffer. see
the flash site or google for examples.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)