    odbc access using regular syntax like:

    connection="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source ....

    Thanks

    Michael, Apr 12, 2007

  2. "Michael" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi. I am looking for way to connect to database that is in another

    subdomain
    > of same hosting machine. The location of file DB here:
    > http://name1.syte.com
    >
    > I am here:
    > http://name2.syte.com
    >
    > The database is MS Access, I don't know if I can to connect somehow

    without
    > odbc access using regular syntax like:
    >
    > connection="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source ....
    >
    > Thanks

    Do you not know the phyisical path of the MDB you want to connect to?

    Anthony Jones, Apr 12, 2007

  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    I know the only relative address of mdb because I am using hosting machine,
    not mine.

    Michael, Apr 12, 2007
  4. Then even odbc, which also requires a physical path to the mdb, will not
    work. You will need to use an intermediary page on the hosting machine to
    work with that database, using XMLHTTPServer to communicate with it. See:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"