How to convert currency from numbers to words

venkat.yara

Hi everybody i am new to this group i want to clarify my doubt that
how can i write a program that converts corrency from digits to words
is there any function.
example if i enter 5430 . output should be : five thousand four
hundred thirty

Flash Gordon

Hi everybody i am new to this group i want to clarify my doubt that
how can i write a program that converts corrency from digits to words
is there any function.
example if i enter 5430 . output should be : five thousand four
hundred thirty

There is no built in function to do it, you will have to write your own.
Once you have made an attempt, post it and people will help.

Malcolm McLean

Hi everybody i am new to this group i want to clarify my doubt that
how can i write a program that converts corrency from digits to words
is there any function.
example if i enter 5430 . output should be : five thousand four
hundred thirty
It can be done, though it is quite tricky. Actually this is often used by
lispers to demonstrate the superiority of a functional approach - think of
single digits and teens, low tens and high tens, and then recursively.

Joe Wright

Hi everybody i am new to this group i want to clarify my doubt that
how can i write a program that converts corrency from digits to words
is there any function.
example if i enter 5430 . output should be : five thousand four
hundred thirty
Mine says:

Enter a dollar amount: 5430
five thousand four hundred thirty dollars only

Enter a dollar amount: 54.30
fifty four dollars and thirty cents

It wasn't that hard to write. Try it.

Or I'll sell it to you?

venkat.yara

Mine says:

Enter a dollar amount: 5430
five thousand four hundred thirty dollars only

Enter a dollar amount: 54.30
fifty four dollars and thirty cents

It wasn't that hard to write. Try it.

Or I'll sell it to you?

please can you send me the program

Keith Thompson

please can you send me the program

Why, so you can submit it to your instructor and pretend that you
wrote it yourself? Why should anybody here help you cheat?