    thnx.

    D.
    , Mar 28, 2011

  2. On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 04:12 -0700, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anybody know how to create a virtual
    > printer with python (on both windows and linux)?

    I don't. Not on Windows anyway. There is no single mechanism that will
    work for both.

    On LINUX this is trivial - define a printer that delivers its output to
    a script. For example, we have a variety of queues that perform an HTTP
    PUT to our workflow solution.

    The simplest mechanism on Windows is to create a queue that prints [via
    Samba] to a queue on a LINUX host. Set the driver to produce generic
    Postscript and the document will be fairly simple to process on the
    LINUX host.
    Adam Tauno Williams, Mar 28, 2011

  3. Hi!

    On windows, install a "Generic" printer, on "FILE:" port.

    @-salutations
    --
    Michel Claveau
    Michel Claveau - MVP, Mar 28, 2011