How to debug Javascript in IE (inside JSP files)

Jeff Papineau

http://www.mandala.com/javascript/debug_javascript.html

I've written up a page explaining how to use the MS Script Editor for
Javascript debugging in IE. It's a great debugging environment and has
allowed my group to do much more with Javascript in IE with JSP files
than we would have attempted without it.

Please pass this around, as I think JSP developers especially need
this tool if they are using IE for development with complex
Javascript.

Cheers,
Jeff Papineau
San Jose, CA

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jeff said:

I've written up a page explaining how to use the MS Script Editor for
Javascript debugging in IE. It's a great debugging environment and has
allowed my group to do much more with Javascript in IE with JSP files
than we would have attempted without it.

Please pass this around, as I think JSP developers especially need
this tool if they are using IE for development with complex
Javascript.

Why should anyone trust you as a reliable source of information about a
script editor (you mean the -- compared to Venkman -- rather bad script
*debugger* which can be downloaded for free from the MSDN website
without having to pay for and to install OfficeXP, do you not?)? You
are not even able to tell JavaScript from Java(Server Pages; you
possibly meant M$ Active Server Pages [ASP] where JScript can be used
as script language) nor do you know that IE interprets client-side
JScript (M$'s ECMAScript implementation), not JavaScript (for the most
part Netscape's ECMAScript implementation).

M$ must be very frightened if start employing people for spamming public
newsgroups in order to promote OfficeXP. That is what one could think
as the home page of the Web site referred to is 404 compatible.

PointedEars[/QUOTE]