How to force open excel for downloaded file?

ABC

Hi,

I found many methods to download attachment files, but I cannot found any to
force the browser open excel file if the download is excel type. Is there
any reference or tutorial on internet?

Laurent Bugnion, MVP

I found many methods to download attachment files, but I cannot found any to
force the browser open excel file if the download is excel type. Is there
any reference or tutorial on internet?

This is a user setting, and you cannot change it (thankfully). If you
could force Excel to launch a file automatically, imagine what you could
do with macros...

The only thing you can do is suggest the file type to the browser (using
the correct MIME type in the HTTP header), and let the browser decide
what should be done with this file, depending on the user settings.

HTH,
Laurent