how to generate (and run) 32-bit App_code.dll

roberto

I'm trying to deploy 32-bit web app to 64 bit environment; the app
(web service) is deployed as precompiled app - App_Code.dll generated
etc.

The problem is I cannot find a way of generating 32-bit version of
App_Code.dll. While "normal" projects have a property Platform Target
resulting in a compiled assembly's manifest option set to .corflags
0x00000003 // ILONLY 32BITREQUIRED the web projects have no such
an option (neither aspnet_compiler does).

I tried to set the option manually (using corflags) AFTER publishing
the web app BUT this way I probably need to regenerate .compiled files
- any clue how to do this?

Does anyone know how to publish 32 bit web app? Or how to
regenerate .compiled files?

jacky kwok

roberto said:
I'm trying to deploy 32-bit web app to 64 bit environment; the app
(web service) is deployed as precompiled app - App_Code.dll generated
etc.

The problem is I cannot find a way of generating 32-bit version of
App_Code.dll. While "normal" projects have a property Platform Target
resulting in a compiled assembly's manifest option set to .corflags
0x00000003 // ILONLY 32BITREQUIRED the web projects have no such
an option (neither aspnet_compiler does).

I tried to set the option manually (using corflags) AFTER publishing
the web app BUT this way I probably need to regenerate .compiled files
- any clue how to do this?

Does anyone know how to publish 32 bit web app? Or how to
regenerate .compiled files?

In fact, you should not limit your DLL to any special Platform in 64 bit
system in Webapp.

Note that Donte Webapp is running into the IIS. In fact, the IIS
completely controls 32 or 64 bit code in running.

That mean , when IIS is running in 64bit mode. All the Webapp (the DLLs)
must be also 64 bit. No 32 bit DLL can be loaded into 64bit mode IIS.

When IIS is running in 32bit mode (IIS in 64bit OS can be set to run in
32 bit mode,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;894435), then
all the DLLs must be 32bit.

For pure Dotnet2 webapp which are made by C#/VB.net, the DLL can be used
in both 32bit and 64 bit mode.