How to get access to blocked files

mail

Some applications advice Windows to block the files on the disk they
are using against any foreign read access.
How can I write a program which nevertheless is able to read those
files? (I know, this is possible but I don't know the trick how to do
it.)

Gavin Deane

Some applications advice Windows to block the files on the disk they
are using against any foreign read access.
How can I write a program which nevertheless is able to read those
files? (I know, this is possible but I don't know the trick how to do
it.)

If it is possible, it will only be possible with platform-specific
extensions, so your question is off-topic. You need to ask a Windows
programming newsgroup. See the FAQ for suggestions.

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Gavin Deane