How to get data from a website?

yma

Hi All,

I need to get the interest rate data from a bank's website. What is the
good way to do it?

Thank you.

Chris

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

Well, ideally you'd make an agreement with the bank for them to expose this
information as a web service or some other programatic interface.
If that is not an option then you'll probably have to screen scrape it from
their web site. In other words, grab the HTML from their page and parse out
the value you need.
Here's info on screen scraping with .NET:
http://www.aspalliance.com/stevesmith/articles/netscrape.asp

Chance Hopkins

I need to get the interest rate data from a bank's website. What is the
good way to do it?

If your eyes can see it on a page, scrape it and use regular expressions to
parse the required value.