how to implement wizard data entry and validation

sviau

were building a data entry web app using asp.net v1.1 that captures data for
a real estate listing. Because there are numerous fields, we felt that it
was good user interface to break up the data into logical groups and present
as tabs. so basically, its a wizard like interface where user enters data in
one tab, then the otherm then the other.

the challenger were having is that we need o enfoce mandatory fields. so if
user enters data in LISTING tab, then proceeds to PROPERTY TAB then attempts
to click save; we need to prevent the save and alert the user to complete
missing fields. or if enters data on LISTING tab; and no other data in other
tabs, and clicks save; then prevent the save, alert user...

whats the best way to code for this?
have hidden panels, pass everything in view state, store in sessions (but
how to do i access from tab to tab?)....

thanks
stephane