how to implement wizard data entry and validation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sviau, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. sviau

    sviau Guest

    were building a data entry web app using asp.net v1.1 that captures data for
    a real estate listing. Because there are numerous fields, we felt that it
    was good user interface to break up the data into logical groups and present
    as tabs. so basically, its a wizard like interface where user enters data in
    one tab, then the otherm then the other.

    the challenger were having is that we need o enfoce mandatory fields. so if
    user enters data in LISTING tab, then proceeds to PROPERTY TAB then attempts
    to click save; we need to prevent the save and alert the user to complete
    missing fields. or if enters data on LISTING tab; and no other data in other
    tabs, and clicks save; then prevent the save, alert user...

    whats the best way to code for this?
    have hidden panels, pass everything in view state, store in sessions (but
    how to do i access from tab to tab?)....

    thanks
    stephane

    sviau, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Hi Stephane,

    Have you had a chance to try out my suggestions or have you got any ideas
    on this issue? If you need any further help,
    Please feel free to post here.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support