    then how can I link aaa.obj into the .exe file generated from bbb.cpp?
    Thanks.

    , Aug 19, 2007

  2. Ian Collins Guest

    Re: How to include a .obj file when linking in IDE of visual studio2005?

    wrote:
    > For example,
    > I have generated a .obj file named as ``aaa.obj'',
    > and I am editing a source file named as ``bbb.cpp'',
    > then how can I link aaa.obj into the .exe file generated from bbb.cpp?
    > Thanks.

    The answer will be tool specific, ask about linking options in a group
    dedicated to your tools.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Aug 19, 2007

  3. Jim Langston Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > For example,
    > I have generated a .obj file named as ``aaa.obj'',
    > and I am editing a source file named as ``bbb.cpp'',
    > then how can I link aaa.obj into the .exe file generated from bbb.cpp?
    > Thanks.

    project->properties->linker->input->Additional Dependancies
    if you add the aaa.obj file there it should work.

    Better, yet, is to add aaa.cpp to your project so it gets compiled and
    linked automatically.

    Jim Langston, Aug 19, 2007