How to include a .obj file when linking in IDE of visual studio 2005?

JulianLiuRsch

For example,
I have generated a .obj file named as ``aaa.obj'',
and I am editing a source file named as ``bbb.cpp'',
then how can I link aaa.obj into the .exe file generated from bbb.cpp?
Thanks.

Ian Collins

For example,
I have generated a .obj file named as ``aaa.obj'',
and I am editing a source file named as ``bbb.cpp'',
then how can I link aaa.obj into the .exe file generated from bbb.cpp?
Thanks.
The answer will be tool specific, ask about linking options in a group
dedicated to your tools.

Jim Langston

For example,
I have generated a .obj file named as ``aaa.obj'',
and I am editing a source file named as ``bbb.cpp'',
then how can I link aaa.obj into the .exe file generated from bbb.cpp?
Thanks.

project->properties->linker->input->Additional Dependancies
if you add the aaa.obj file there it should work.

Better, yet, is to add aaa.cpp to your project so it gets compiled and
linked automatically.