    module
    without internet connection?
    Thank you!

    Jason Zhang, Jan 23, 2006

  2. Jason Zhang

    MSG Guest

    Jason Zhang wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I am installing some perl's module on windows (Active Perl 5.8).
    > I have downloaded the packages,such as CGI.ppd and CGI-3.04.tar.gz
    > then I call ppm install cgi.ppd, but it try to access the web site.
    > unfortunately,
    > I have to work in a non-internet environment. How can I install the
    > module
    > without internet connection?
    > Thank you!

    Run the following command(s):
    ppm
    help rep (repository)

    The last one tells you how to control "repository". You can ask ppm to
    look for packages ( which you have downloaded ) on your local file
    system and not on Internet.

    MSG, Jan 23, 2006

  3. Jason Zhang

    Jason Zhang Guest

    I have installed it succesfully.Thank you so much!

    Jason Zhang, Jan 23, 2006