    folder nav bars are java powered. Even if I made such a thing with PHP,
    it would make a mess reloading the page every time something changed.

    Thoughts?

    Paul Furman, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    Paul Furman wrote:

    > Changing hover color or background color is easy on a navbar but what
    > about making that highlight color stick as long as you are on the page?
    > Or like the tabbed style that looks like folder tabs. Hmm, I guess this
    > is a job for PHP server side scripting? I assume all those expanding
    > folder nav bars are java powered. Even if I made such a thing with PHP,
    > it would make a mess reloading the page every time something changed.
    >
    > Thoughts?

    I found this from Toby's link:
    http://diveintomark.org/archives/2003/03/24/pure_css_tabs
    I'm studying...

    Paul Furman, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    Paul Furman wrote:

    > http://diveintomark.org/archives/2003/03/24/pure_css_tabs
    > I'm studying...

    That involves reconstructing the navbar in a custom way for each page
    visited. The description sounds like it says it uses the active property
    but it's just assigning a different style to the tab that represents the
    current page. It could as easily be <strong>this page</strong>.

    I guess this should have been obvious.

    Paul Furman, Feb 17, 2004