How to open another aspx page in a specific frame?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi

    I am very new to ASP development and I have a problem that I have spent days
    on and cannot find a solution. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

    I am using VB.NET to develop a ASP.NET application. I have a Frameset html
    page with 2 frames, on frame 1 I have a LinkButton which will process some
    data (not coded yet) and then open another aspx page on frame 2.

    Can I achieve this using VB.NET? If not do I have to use client side
    scripting?

    I currently have the following but it loads the page in Frame 1.

    Private Sub LinkButton1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs) Handles LinkButton1.Click

    Response.Redirect("MainMenu.aspx")

    End Sub

    Thanks in advance, Peter

    Peter, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Many thanks for coming back to me.

    I have tried this and it works fine, but how do I execute code before the
    page is displayed? for example if I need to check whether the user has
    access to the page.

    Peter

    Peter, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Peter

    Eric Wise Guest

    Use Javascript in the button click event on the server. Response.write lets
    you run scripts after events execute on the server.

    Response.Write("<SCRIPT>window.framename.location='blah.aspx'</SCRIPT>")

    ** note that java syntax probably isn't correct. I'm too lazy to look it up
    though. =)

    Eric Wise, Jul 31, 2003
  4. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Many thanks for your help, I now have a working button. :))

    Peter

    Peter, Aug 1, 2003