How to pass a collection of data from VB6 to C#.NET

elaine

Hi,

We are going to create a C#.NET project to be a service layer to
support 2 existing web products, one is using .net, the other is using
VB6.

I wonder is there a better way to pass a collection of data like array
from VB6 to C# instead of using XML?

thanks,
Elaine

Rick Strahl [MVP]

Can't you use COM interop assuming you expose the object that holds or
returns this collection to COM? As long as it's a COM discoverable type you
should be able to create an Interop assembly and go.

+++ Rick ---

Guest

You may always resort to primitive ways of transferring data...like over
delimited strings, and spend enough time writing code to parse the strings,
or stick to XML. Not to be biased here, but I have always felt that XML
provides an clean way to transfer data over apps, and the .net framework has
awesome xml handling classes.