How to play .mp3 and .rm in VC++ programs.

Isend

Hi, everybody. I want to play music in my program and I am using
VC++6.0, not .NET Framework. Do you have any idea to do this either
using class libary or plugs? The only way to play music I know is by
using MCI in vfw32.lib. In this way only .wav, .wmv, .wma, .avi, .mpg,
etc. can b played. Any advice is welcomed.

Ben Pope

Isend said:
Hi, everybody. I want to play music in my program and I am using
VC++6.0, not .NET Framework. Do you have any idea to do this either
using class libary or plugs? The only way to play music I know is by
using MCI in vfw32.lib. In this way only .wav, .wmv, .wma, .avi, .mpg,
etc. can b played. Any advice is welcomed.

You'd best ask in a microsoft related newsgroup, since C++ knows nothing
of audio. You'll have to use platform specific libraries, and hence a
platform, specific newsgroup.

Ben Pope

BobR

Isend wrote in message
Hi, everybody. I want to play music in my program and I am using
VC++6.0, not .NET Framework. Do you have any idea to do this either
using class libary or plugs? The only way to play music I know is by
using MCI in vfw32.lib. In this way only .wav, .wmv, .wma, .avi, .mpg,
etc. can b played. Any advice is welcomed.
<OT>
You may want to check out:
http://www.fmod.org
[ That's what I use, works fine with wxWidgets. ]

// --------------- from: FMOD site
-- About --
FMOD is a cross platform audio library to let you easily implement the
latest audio technologies into your title.

No other audio library has such comprehensive, up to date platform support.
FMOD now supports 8 platforms!
[snip rest]
</OT>