How to post the data to a new window and control the new window's property?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Matt, Aug 22, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    When we submit the form data to another page, we usually do the
    following:

    <form action="display.jsp" method="post"> will submit the form data
    and open
    display.jsp in the current browser

    <form action="display.jsp" method="post" target="_blank"> will submit
    the form data
    and open display.jsp in a new browser

    Now, what I want is to open display.jsp in a new browser, but control
    the window's size,
    and disable the status bar, title bar, and address bar of a new
    browser.

    If I do this, it can only open a html page, but not post the data to
    display.jsp.

    window.open('display.jsp', "newWin",
    "scrollbars=0,menubar=0,toolbar=0,location=0,status=0");

    any ideas? thanks!!

    Matt, Aug 22, 2004

  2. On 22 Aug 2004 13:46:33 -0700, Matt wrote:

    > ..any ideas? ..

    1) See the answer to the question you
    multi-posted to c.l.javascript.

    2) Refrain from multi-posting