How to post the data to a new window and control the new window's property?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Matt, Aug 22, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    When we submit the form data to another page, we usually do the
    following:

    <form action="display.asp" method="post"> will submit the form data
    and open
    display.asp in the current browser

    <form action="display.asp" method="post" target="_blank"> will submit
    the form data
    and open display.asp in a new browser

    Now, what I want is to open display.asp in a new browser, but control
    the window's size,
    and disable the status bar, title bar, and address bar of a new
    browser.

    If I do this, it can only open a html page, but not post the data to
    display.asp.

    window.open('display.asp', "newWin",
    "scrollbars=0,menubar=0,toolbar=0,location=0,status=0");

    any ideas? thanks!!

    Matt, Aug 22, 2004

  2. On 22 Aug 2004 13:44:47 -0700, Matt <> wrote:

    [POSTing form results to a new window.]

    Please read the group FAQ. Your answer is there.

    <URL:http://jibbering.com/faq/>

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Matt

    Harag Guest

    On 22 Aug 2004 13:44:47 -0700, (Matt) wrote:

    >When we submit the form data to another page, we usually do the
    >following:
    >
    ><form action="display.asp" method="post"> will submit the form data
    >and open
    >display.asp in the current browser
    >
    ><form action="display.asp" method="post" target="_blank"> will submit
    >the form data
    >and open display.asp in a new browser
    >

    >Now, what I want is to open display.asp in a new browser, but control
    >the window's size,
    >and disable the status bar, title bar, and address bar of a new
    >browser.
    >
    >If I do this, it can only open a html page, but not post the data to
    >display.asp.
    >
    >window.open('display.asp', "newWin",
    >"scrollbars=0,menubar=0,toolbar=0,location=0,status=0");
    >
    >any ideas? thanks!!

    I have the following which does something to what your asking:

    The onclick opens up the windown before the form is submitted.

    function InfoWindow() {
    window.open('', "newWin", "");
    // Note: if no features then you don't need to list them... they are
    all off by default.
    }

    <form name="frmMe" method="post" action="NewPage.asp"
    target="newWin">
    <input type="text" name="txtName" value="">
    <input type="submit" value="Submit Me" name="submitInfo"
    onclick="InfoWindow();">
    </form>

    Harag, Aug 23, 2004