    but i just couldn't figure out how to request the new page does not contain
    (particular/specific) frame. Does any master know any tricks? THanks in
    advance!

    Ross, May 23, 2005

  2. Ross

    Els Guest

    Ross wrote:

    > Dear all,
    > do you know any way to suppress the appearance of a frame? When i submit a
    > form at a website, the next page will appear one useful frame and another
    > one advertisement. i can type the command in the addressbar like:
    >
    > www.abc.com/post.cgi?name=john&lang=en
    >
    > but i just couldn't figure out how to request the new page does not contain
    > (particular/specific) frame. Does any master know any tricks? THanks in
    > advance!

    I am probably not understanding what you're asking (I can't even
    figure out if you're talking about browser behaviour or about coding
    your own pages), but maybe target="_top" is what you're looking for?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, May 23, 2005

  3. Ross

    Ross Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > Ross wrote:
    >
    >> Dear all,
    >> do you know any way to suppress the appearance of a frame? When i
    >> submit a
    >> form at a website, the next page will appear one useful frame and another
    >> one advertisement. i can type the command in the addressbar like:
    >>
    >> www.abc.com/post.cgi?name=john&lang=en
    >>
    >> but i just couldn't figure out how to request the new page does not
    >> contain
    >> (particular/specific) frame. Does any master know any tricks? THanks in
    >> advance!

    > I am probably not understanding what you're asking (I can't even
    > figure out if you're talking about browser behaviour or about coding
    > your own pages), but maybe target="_top" is what you're looking for?

    to put short, the program (say, CGI) generates a page with frames, one is
    advertisement. can i manipulate the command in the addrexss bar to prohibit
    more than 1 frame to be generated?

    Ross, May 23, 2005
  4. On Tue, 24 May 2005 00:51:29 +0800, Ross <> wrote:

    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Ross wrote:
    >>
    >>> do you know any way to suppress the appearance of a frame?
    >>>

    >> I am probably not understanding what you're asking (I can't even
    >> figure out if you're talking about browser behaviour or about coding
    >> your own pages), but maybe target="_top" is what you're looking for?
    >>

    > to put short, the program (say, CGI) generates a page with frames, one is
    > advertisement. can i manipulate the command in the addrexss bar to prohibit
    > more than 1 frame to be generated?

    Change program.

    Barbara de Zoete, May 23, 2005
  5. Ross

    Mitja Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 17:59:47 +0200, Ross <> wrote:

    > Dear all,
    > do you know any way to suppress the appearance of a frame? When i
    > submit a
    > form at a website, the next page will appear one useful frame and another
    > one advertisement. i can type the command in the addressbar like:
    >
    > www.abc.com/post.cgi?name=john&lang=en
    >
    > but i just couldn't figure out how to request the new page does not
    > contain (particular/specific) frame. Does any master know any tricks?
    > THanks in
    > advance!

    If a trick existed, it would be browser-specific, but I don't know of any
    such commands. In opera, AFTER the page has loaded, right click in the
    frame, click frame->open to open that frame only.

    If you control the program, then obviously the solution is to change the
    program.

    If it is only one particular site you're worried about and the cgi form is
    not too complicated, you can have a look at the URL of the second frame
    (which is almost certainly script-generated as well) and create a plain
    html file which submits to the script in wuestion instead of submitting to
    the script which outputs the frameset.

    Hope one of the methods fits your needs.

    Mitja, May 24, 2005