how to prohibit frame

Ross

Dear all,
do you know any way to suppress the appearance of a frame? When i submit a
form at a website, the next page will appear one useful frame and another
one advertisement. i can type the command in the addressbar like:

www.abc.com/post.cgi?name=john&lang=en

but i just couldn't figure out how to request the new page does not contain
(particular/specific) frame. Does any master know any tricks? THanks in
advance!

Els

Ross said:
Dear all,
do you know any way to suppress the appearance of a frame? When i submit a
form at a website, the next page will appear one useful frame and another
one advertisement. i can type the command in the addressbar like:

www.abc.com/post.cgi?name=john&lang=en

but i just couldn't figure out how to request the new page does not contain
(particular/specific) frame. Does any master know any tricks? THanks in
advance!

I am probably not understanding what you're asking (I can't even
figure out if you're talking about browser behaviour or about coding
your own pages), but maybe target="_top" is what you're looking for?

Ross

Els said:
I am probably not understanding what you're asking (I can't even
figure out if you're talking about browser behaviour or about coding
your own pages), but maybe target="_top" is what you're looking for?

to put short, the program (say, CGI) generates a page with frames, one is
advertisement. can i manipulate the command in the addrexss bar to prohibit
more than 1 frame to be generated?

Barbara de Zoete

to put short, the program (say, CGI) generates a page with frames, one is
advertisement. can i manipulate the command in the addrexss bar to prohibit
more than 1 frame to be generated?

Change program.

Mitja

Dear all,
do you know any way to suppress the appearance of a frame? When i
submit a
form at a website, the next page will appear one useful frame and another
one advertisement. i can type the command in the addressbar like:

www.abc.com/post.cgi?name=john&lang=en

but i just couldn't figure out how to request the new page does not
contain (particular/specific) frame. Does any master know any tricks?
THanks in
advance!

If a trick existed, it would be browser-specific, but I don't know of any
such commands. In opera, AFTER the page has loaded, right click in the
frame, click frame->open to open that frame only.

If you control the program, then obviously the solution is to change the
program.

If it is only one particular site you're worried about and the cgi form is
not too complicated, you can have a look at the URL of the second frame
(which is almost certainly script-generated as well) and create a plain
html file which submits to the script in wuestion instead of submitting to
the script which outputs the frameset.

Hope one of the methods fits your needs.