    could not type any command to check some argument generated in the
    process. Is there any way I can make it?
    thank you~~
    purple, Dec 2, 2006

  2. purple

    kilnhead Guest

    purple wrote:
    > I have installed the Eclipse and the plug-in Pydev. Also, I have add an
    > python program in the external tools. When I run the python program in
    > the external tools, i can type python command just like in the python
    > shell.But when I finished running a python file, in the console, I
    > could not type any command to check some argument generated in the
    > process. Is there any way I can make it?
    > thank you~~

    Do you not want to run python from eclipse? If so, go to preferences
    for pydev and show pydev where your python executable is. Then you can
    use the debug function to look at variables.

    For the external tools problem with python interactive, did you include
    "-i" as an argument for the python interpreter?
    kilnhead, Dec 3, 2006

  3. purple

    purple Guest

    Thanks so much for your concern~~

    In the preferences for pydev, I have added the python.exe in the python
    interpreters, and also the system PYTHONPATH, Forced built-in libs. I
    am not sure whether you mean it?
    I am sorry because I am a green hand on the eclipse.

    And for the external tools, I have include the "-i" as an argument for
    the python interpreter and there is no other argument. Is there any
    other argument?

    Thanks so much~~

    purple, Dec 3, 2006
  4. purple

    Ravi Teja Guest

    purple wrote:
    > I have installed the Eclipse and the plug-in Pydev. Also, I have add an
    > python program in the external tools. When I run the python program in
    > the external tools, i can type python command just like in the python
    > shell.But when I finished running a python file, in the console, I
    > could not type any command to check some argument generated in the
    > process. Is there any way I can make it?
    > thank you~~

    I am beginning to wonder if you attempting to use PyDev as nothing more
    than a programmer's editor. PyDev is a lot more. You need not debug
    this way since it includes a visual debugger. Be sure to read the
    documentation at the web site.

    http://pydev.sourceforge.net/debug.html
    http://pydev.sourceforge.net/faq.html
    Ravi Teja, Dec 4, 2006
  5. purple

    purple Guest

    Thank you for your website. I used to work with the python shell, but
    it is quite boring in managing the files, so I know the eclipse and
    pydev. I think I should focus on the documentations first. Thank you
    very much.

    purple, Dec 4, 2006