how to reduce latency of voice!

walker_alone

I'm develop a realtime voice record and playback on pc soundcard, I
use OSS API to implement it, but have latency about 1 seconds, this was
to long for voice, how can I reduce the latency? I reduce the fragment
size to archive this aid, but has little effect!
or Can anyone tell me whicht lib can be used to develop realtime
voice record and playback?
any of you suggestion will be appreciated!

walker

Joona I Palaste

walker_alone said:
I'm develop a realtime voice record and playback on pc soundcard, I
use OSS API to implement it, but have latency about 1 seconds, this was
to long for voice, how can I reduce the latency? I reduce the fragment
size to archive this aid, but has little effect!
or Can anyone tell me whicht lib can be used to develop realtime
voice record and playback?
any of you suggestion will be appreciated!

This has nothing to do with C and everything to do with the "OSS API",
whatever that is. Please ask in a newsgroup where that is topical.

--
/-- Joona Palaste ([email protected]) ---------------------------\
"Life without ostriches is like coffee with milk."

Dan Pop

In said:
The C language is only acting as the implementation of the "OSS API".

How do you know it was implemented in C?
In effect, you are using a program made in C, not using C.

Nope, he is writing a C program, using an API that is not specified by
the C language definition. Since we don't discuss such API's, he's
off topic in this newsgroup, despite his program being written in C.

Dan

Kevin Easton

walker_alone said:
because I devolep it with C langualge, I didn't find any other groups
related sound programming in C language, so I put it here! sorry! can
you tell me where to put this article, thanks!

In the absence of any more specific group, programming with OSS would be
on topic in comp.os.linux.development.apps - it would at least be a good
starting point.

- Kevin.