    3bmn, ...

    How can I tell perl to submit the values and retrieve the results under a
    Linux platform?
    Rose, Feb 21, 2008

  2. Rose <> wrote:
    > i have hundreds of files to submit to
    >
    > http://propka.ki.ku.dk/~drogers/
    >
    > for analysis. the inputs are some 4-letter code, e.g. 1a00, 1brs, 2bti,
    > 3bmn, ...
    >
    > How can I tell perl to submit the values

    perldoc -q form

    How do I automate an HTML form submission?

    > and retrieve the results under a
    > Linux platform?

    perldoc -q HTML

    How do I fetch an HTML file?

    --
    Tad McClellan
    Tad J McClellan, Feb 21, 2008

  3. Rose

    J. Gleixner Guest

    Rose wrote:
    > i have hundreds of files to submit to
    >
    > http://propka.ki.ku.dk/~drogers/
    >
    > for analysis. the inputs are some 4-letter code, e.g. 1a00, 1brs, 2bti,
    > 3bmn, ...
    >
    > How can I tell perl to submit the values and retrieve the results under a
    > Linux platform?

    Is this the first place you go for help? Try reading through
    some documentation, asking co-workers, searching the Internet,
    searching CPAN, or make some attempt at finding a solution on
    your own.

    Searching the Internet on "perl http submit" returned many
    helpful places to start. Here are a few more:

    perldoc lwpcook

    LWP::Simple
    WWW::Mechanize
    lwp-request
    J. Gleixner, Feb 21, 2008
  4. Rose

    david Guest

    On Feb 21, 9:09 am, "Rose" <> wrote:
    > i have hundreds of files to submit to
    >
    > http://propka.ki.ku.dk/~drogers/
    >
    > for analysis. the inputs are some 4-letter code, e.g. 1a00, 1brs, 2bti,
    > 3bmn, ...
    >
    > How can I tell perl to submit the values and retrieve the results under a
    > Linux platform?

    Hi,
    Did you try the LWP module from CPAN ?

    Best regards,