how to run a web project using http://

sajit

hi friends,

I am using asp.net with c# to create a web site. earlier I tried my
hand with local file system mode in vs.net to run my web projects. It
worked fine but when I switched to http mode it started giving me
errors like "unable to start debugging on web server. The web server
is not configured correctly."

I have also created a virtual directory for this project in IIS server
with all permissions assigned.
but it still do not work.

so any help is appreciated.

regrads.

Guest

hi friends,

I am using asp.net with c# to create a web site. earlier I tried my
hand with local file system mode in vs.net to run my web projects. It
worked fine but when I switched to http mode it started giving me
errors like "unable to start debugging on web server. The web server
is not configured correctly."

I have also created a virtual directory for this project in IIS server
with all permissions assigned.
but it still do not work.

so any help is appreciated.

regrads.

If you are doing a web application, try to check this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814717

Guest

hi alexey,

I tried to run my project without debug but it is still throwing same
set of error i.e
Exception Details: System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironmentException:
Failed to access IIS metabase
My project URL is "http://localhost/iisdemo/Default.aspx"

hope this will get u more insight about my problem.

Sajit, try to install, or re-install ASP.NET. Go to C:\Windows
\Microsoft.Net\Framework\<version> folder and run

aspnet_regiis -i

Hope this helps

sajit

Sajit, try to install, or re-install ASP.NET. Go to C:\Windows
\Microsoft.Net\Framework\<version> folder and run

aspnet_regiis -i

Hope this helps

hi alexey,

I fixed the problem. I just selected the repair option for .net
framework 2.0 from "Add remove Program Option" and it worked fine. The
problem was, Actually I installed the framewok first and then IIS. So
it was not getting configured correctly.Now it is running perfectly.
Thanks for the all the help. Bye
Regards,
Sajit

Guest

hi alexey,

I fixed the problem. I just selected the repair option for .net
framework 2.0 from "Add remove Program Option" and it worked fine. The
problem was, Actually I installed the framewok first and then IIS. So
it was not getting configured correctly.Now it is running perfectly.
Thanks for the all the help. Bye
Regards,
Sajit- Hide quoted text -

ok, glad it works for you