    account and not the default one IUSR_XXX.

    How can I make it work? This may seem a very newbie question, that's exactly
    what I am indeed ;-)

    Romuald, Mar 11, 2010

  2. "Romuald" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    > This follows my last thread about impersonation
    > (http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...b-8f80-6e3fe2a847ea&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1).
    >
    > I have a Windows Server 2003 AD server with accounts for my company
    > people.
    >
    > I run an IIS ASP.Net web site on a separated computer (XP Pro), the main
    > account of this computer is an AD account, let's call it <domain>\robot.
    >
    > I would like to run this IIS ASP.Net web site with anonymous access for
    > people (this is a purely internal server) by using only the <domain>\robot
    > account and not the default one IUSR_XXX.
    >
    > How can I make it work? This may seem a very newbie question, that's
    > exactly
    > what I am indeed ;-)

    As you are using this for anon, I am not sure why you need to change
    accounts. Here is one site that mentions steps to change accounts:
    http://www.bluevisionsoftware.com/WebSite/TipsAndTricksDetails.aspx?Name=AspNetAccount

    I am not sure if it is XP compatible, however, as one does not usually run
    web servers for consumption on a consumer OS.

    --
    Peace and Grace,
    Greg

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Mar 11, 2010

  3. Romuald

    Romuald Guest

    Thanks Greg, I need this because the web interface runs somes scripts and
    other software which have to know under which account they run to get their
    configuration.

    Romuald, Mar 11, 2010
  4. "Romuald" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Greg, I need this because the web interface runs somes scripts and
    > other software which have to know under which account they run to get
    > their
    > configuration.

    I hope it completely solves things, but it at least gives you a direction to
    start looking if not.

    --
    Peace and Grace,
    Greg