How to run IIS and ASP.Net on a specific AD account

Romuald

Hi all,
This follows my last thread about impersonation
(http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...7b-8f80-6e3fe2a847ea&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1).

I have a Windows Server 2003 AD server with accounts for my company people.

I run an IIS ASP.Net web site on a separated computer (XP Pro), the main
account of this computer is an AD account, let's call it <domain>\robot.

I would like to run this IIS ASP.Net web site with anonymous access for
people (this is a purely internal server) by using only the <domain>\robot
account and not the default one IUSR_XXX.

How can I make it work? This may seem a very newbie question, that's exactly
what I am indeed ;-)

Gregory A. Beamer

Romuald said:
Hi all,
This follows my last thread about impersonation
(http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...7b-8f80-6e3fe2a847ea&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1).

I have a Windows Server 2003 AD server with accounts for my company
people.

I run an IIS ASP.Net web site on a separated computer (XP Pro), the main
account of this computer is an AD account, let's call it <domain>\robot.

I would like to run this IIS ASP.Net web site with anonymous access for
people (this is a purely internal server) by using only the <domain>\robot
account and not the default one IUSR_XXX.

How can I make it work? This may seem a very newbie question, that's
exactly
what I am indeed ;-)

As you are using this for anon, I am not sure why you need to change
accounts. Here is one site that mentions steps to change accounts:
http://www.bluevisionsoftware.com/WebSite/TipsAndTricksDetails.aspx?Name=AspNetAccount

I am not sure if it is XP compatible, however, as one does not usually run
web servers for consumption on a consumer OS.

--
Peace and Grace,
Greg

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

Romuald

Thanks Greg, I need this because the web interface runs somes scripts and
other software which have to know under which account they run to get their
configuration.

Gregory A. Beamer

Romuald said:
Thanks Greg, I need this because the web interface runs somes scripts and
other software which have to know under which account they run to get
their
configuration.

I hope it completely solves things, but it at least gives you a direction to
start looking if not.

--
Peace and Grace,
Greg