    max Guest

    How to run Perl script as GUI Windows program? Like Word, Notepad,
    Calculator etc.

    max, Apr 4, 2007

  2. max

    Ian Wilson Guest

    Re: How to run Perl script as GUI Windows program? Like Word, Notepad,Calculator etc.

    max wrote:
    > How to run Perl script as GUI Windows program? Like Word, Notepad,
    > Calculator etc.

    Use perl/Tk or wxPerl

    Ian Wilson, Apr 4, 2007

  3. max

    Sisyphus Guest

    "max" <> wrote in message
    > How to run Perl script as GUI Windows program? Like Word, Notepad,
    > Calculator etc.

    In addition to Ian Wilson's suggestions, I (naively) expect that Win32::GUI
    might also have something to offer.

    (Be aware that I'm no expert in this, or any other, area.)

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Apr 4, 2007
  4. max

    Guest

    If you're looking for a simple start:

    $picture_count = 0;
    opendir(PICDIR,'C:\XX\My Pictures');

    while(readdir(PICDIR))
    { $picture_count++; }

    closedir(PICDIR);
    $picture_count = $picture_count - 3;

    use Tk;
    $main = MainWindow->new();
    $main->Label(-text => $picture_count)->pack;
    MainLoop;

    , Apr 5, 2007