how to send an e-Mail with attachment?

Cristiano

Please,

I'm writing a program in C++ who needs to send a file using e-Mail
(SMTP). In another words, I need a code, in C++ to send a email with
attachment.

I'm programming for Win32 with DevC++. I had search in web but I can't
find something realy good.

Please, where can I find an OpenSource solution to help me?

Thank you.

Cristiano

Victor Bazarov

Cristiano said:
Please,

I'm writing a program in C++ who needs to send a file using e-Mail
(SMTP). In another words, I need a code, in C++ to send a email with
attachment.

I'm programming for Win32 with DevC++. I had search in web but I can't
find something realy good.

Please, where can I find an OpenSource solution to help me?

Not here. Do another, a more thorough, search on the web. That's where
everything is nowadays.

If you have a C++ language question, you're welcome to ask it any time,
and we're happy to help. But C++ language has no means to "send a file
using e-Mail".

Cristiano

Not here. Do another, a more thorough, search on the web. That's where
everything is nowadays.

If you have a C++ language question, you're welcome to ask it any time,
and we're happy to help. But C++ language has no means to "send a file
using e-Mail".

Mr. V,

thank you for your answer. Can you sugest another group to do the same
question?

Thank you.

Cristiano

Victor Bazarov

Cristiano said:
Mr. V,

thank you for your answer. Can you sugest another group to do the same
question?

If somebody knows about those libraries (or whether there exists any),
it would *probably* be folks who write Web scripts/programs. Based on
that supposition, try 'comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi', or the
newsgroup dedicated to your OS or your compiler, sometimes networking
library includes some functionality for using such protocols like HTTP,
FTP, SMTP, etc.

Alf P. Steinbach

* Cristiano:
Please,

I'm writing a program in C++ who needs to send a file using e-Mail
(SMTP). In another words, I need a code, in C++ to send a email with
attachment.

I'm programming for Win32 with DevC++. I had search in web but I can't
find something realy good.

Please, where can I find an OpenSource solution to help me?

Consider trying out the Poco library, <url:
http://pocoproject.org/docs/Poco.Net.MailIOS.html>.

Disclaimer 1: Haven't used, but should work.

Disclaimer 2: Someone Else(TM) reported in this group problems with using Poco
with MinGW g++, but someone associated with Poco reported in clc++m that latest
version is very MinGW g++ friendly and should work without problems.

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf

Juice

Cristiano said:
Please,

I'm writing a program in C++ who needs to send a file using e-Mail
(SMTP). In another words, I need a code, in C++ to send a email with
attachment.

I'm programming for Win32 with DevC++. I had search in web but I can't
find something realy good.

Please, where can I find an OpenSource solution to help me?

A little bit of googling revealed this:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmime

Regards,
Ivan