How to send mail using ASP through proxy server

Edward

My computer is at intranet,I want to use following code to realizing
function of sending mail.But this program only can send mail between
intranet.If I send mail in internet,I need to through proxy server,the proxy
method is HTTP(proxy server:xx.yyyy.com,port:8080,username/password),I want
to use this program to send from intranet to internet through proxy server.I
want to know how to realize this function.My code is follows:
Set objCDOMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
objCDOMail.From = frommail
objCDOMail.To = tomail
objCDOMail.Subject = mailsubject
objCDOMail.BodyFormat = 0
objCDOMail.MailFormat = 0
objCDOMail.Body = mailbody
objCDOMail.Send
Set objCDOMail = Nothing

Any idea will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Richard K Bethell

CDO would expect to use a mail server able to get the SMTP protocol (port
25) out in order to get mail out on the Internet. The http proxy method you
describe here unfortunately offers you nothing towards that scenario.

Contact your system administrator and find out what SMTP server you should
be using to get out at the Internet. I guarantee you that there is one, if
your organization receives emails from the Internet. When you do have that
SMTP server you will have to ditch CDONTS.NewMail with the
CDO.Configuration and CDO.Message objects (see
http://www.sunny-beach.net/manual/591.htm for an example.) Requires Windows
2000.

R.