how to total figures in a JTable column

Mike

Hi,

how can I iterate over each cell in a particular column of a jtable and sum
the figures to get a numerical total.

thanks

Mike

Paul Lutus

Mike said:
Hi,

how can I iterate over each cell in a particular column of a jtable and
sum the figures to get a numerical total.

Access the column cells, get their text contents, convert to doubles, add
them together. Like you, speaking hypothetically.

Instead of asking hypothetical questions, why not post your code and ask
real ones?

Mike

Instead of asking hypothetical questions, why not post your code and ask
real ones?

Because I am very pressed for time and wondered if there was any example
code out there - I have searched but didn't come accross anything

Mike

Thomas Weidenfeller

Mike said:
how can I iterate over each cell in a particular column of a jtable and sum
the figures to get a numerical total.

Iterate (loop) over the column data in the model, not in the JTable.

/Thomas

David Postill