how to use FCKeditor in ASP.NET 2.0??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Oct 12, 2006.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Hey

    ASP.NET 2.0

    lets say I have a web page containing a FCKeditor, when this page loads it
    will fill the FCKeditor with some kind of text... I'm wondering how to set
    this text in the FCKeditor?

    I'm also wondering how to get the text entered in the FCKedtior. I've tryed
    putting a button on the web page, in the event handler I've placed a script
    below. But this script don't get teh value in the FCKeditor the string
    variable "test" don't get the value of the FCKeditor, it gets the value
    "FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor"

    string test = FCKeditor1.ToString();

    This is the markup of the page I'm having problems with using FCKeditor:
    <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
    Inherits="_Default" ValidateRequest="false" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="FCKeditorV2" Namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2"
    Assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" %>

    <head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor id="FCKeditor1" BasePath="~/FCKeditor/"
    runat="server" />
    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click"
    Text="Button" /></div>
    </form>

    Any suggestions?
    Jeff, Oct 12, 2006

  2. FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor youreditor= new
    FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor();

    and then in order to get it' value in our code use:

    String thevalue=youreditor.Value;

    Justin Kadima, Oct 12, 2006

  3. did u tried: http://wiki.fckeditor.net/
    here you can see how it works:
    http://wiki.fckeditor.net/Developer's_Guide/Integration/ASP.Net

    --

    Bruno Alexandre
    KĂžbenhavn, Danmark

    "a portuguese in Denmark"

    Bruno Alexandre, Oct 12, 2006
  4. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    thanks!

    Jeff, Oct 12, 2006
  5. Keep something in mind, this may not work with Vista. The FCKeditor relies
    (at least when I used it) on an html editing control that came with windows.
    Vista won't be including that control as part of the OS so users on Vista
    won't see the editing area.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Oct 12, 2006
  6. That's a bad news :(

    Justin Kadima, Oct 12, 2006
  7. Jeff

    qvo178

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    Messages:
    19
    Excellent article showing you how to use it here:
    w w w.itjungles.com/dropdownlist/how-to-use-fckeditor-in-asp-net-2-0
    qvo178, Mar 2, 2010