  1. hi all,
    i need to use a hashtable and return it in webservice. no problem
    even this works in only .NET environment. How can i do it.

    KNLN Ravi Shankar, Jul 31, 2006

  2. KNLN Ravi Shankar

    Andrew Brook Guest

    When looking at this in the past i found that the .NET hashtable can not be
    serialized because it implements the IDictionary interface and has no
    matching base type in XSD. I suppose you could write your own class which
    functions similar to a hashtable and add xml attributes to control the way
    it is serialized to xml. Otherwise you could transfer the data in an array
    and load it back into a hashtable in the client (if you have control of the
    client code).

    hope this helps,
    Andrew

    "KNLN Ravi Shankar" <> wrote in