How to use HastTable in WebService

KNLN Ravi Shankar

hi all,
i need to use a hashtable and return it in webservice. no problem
even this works in only .NET environment. How can i do it.

Andrew Brook

When looking at this in the past i found that the .NET hashtable can not be
serialized because it implements the IDictionary interface and has no
matching base type in XSD. I suppose you could write your own class which
functions similar to a hashtable and add xml attributes to control the way
it is serialized to xml. Otherwise you could transfer the data in an array
and load it back into a hashtable in the client (if you have control of the
client code).

hope this helps,
Andrew