How to write an API for a Python application?

Piet van Oostrum

Duncan Grisby said:
DG> I've not done any benchmarks for Python (yet), but I've just posted
DG> some results to comp.object.corba that show omniORB is a lot faster
DG> than Ice for many things.

Very n ice (that was an accident, but I decided to let it stay).

Alex Martelli

Cameron Laird said:
.
1. Private e-mail to all the addresses I have for you has
been bouncing.

The aleax.it domain is basically dead mailwise (www.aleax.it still works
fine) -- I can't reach that mailbox unless I'm on the ADSL supplied by
its purveyor (which, of course, only reaches within Italy;-). And
comcast doesn't know how to provide semidecent mail service. But
several addresses of mine should work fine -- I'll try reminding you of
them in private mail.
2. Both 19-7 and 19-8 in the ZIP I found at that URL have
a curious typo that I'll describe this way:
s/_ _/__/g

Yeah, O'Reilly tools have this delightful penchant for inserting a space
between two adjacent underscores, drives me crazy:-(.

Alex

Cameron Laird

.
.
.
Yeah, O'Reilly tools have this delightful penchant for inserting a space
between two adjacent underscores, drives me crazy:-(.

Alex

Do more of us need to holler at ORA? Is there some technical
reason to allow this craziness to persist?

Alex Martelli

Cameron Laird said:
Do more of us need to holler at ORA? Is there some technical
reason to allow this craziness to persist?

I can't think of any (though I don't know what quirks of ther typography
they may be working around, it should not affect the code as saved into
zipfiles for download...). ORA's Tools people are a great bunch, but I
take it they're overworked and thus can't give each issue full
attention; apparently this only affects Python, so...:-(

Alex