Html Component Question

Eric B. Bednarz

Mitja said:
???
Of course it is insensitive.

Case does not have a case in SGML based systems.

(Oh, well: !!!)
E.g., to refer to an instance of the element type 'div' in a parsed
HTML document instance set you'd need to address 'DIV', not 'div'
(forget the source, Luke). [etc]
This may have to do with you parsing library or whatever, but not HTML as
such.

It's not my parsing library or whatever and stuff, Mr. Clark is good
enough for me. With NAMECASE enabled in the SGML declaration, lower
case name (start) characters are folded to their upper case
equivalents. What's more, those are contollable classes and the
corresponding UCNMCHAR of '?' could be '!' (!). It's about substitution
in the course of normalisation--just like start|end tags are implied,
entity references expanded etc--not case (in)sensitivity.

Now why does everything have to be said twice, said twice?