HTML Form

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by magix8@gmail.com, Jan 23, 2008.

    Maybe this is not really ASP specific, but I would like some advise,
    if any.

    I launched a modal popup window with code like:
    <script language="javascript">
    function modalWin() {
    if (window.showModalDialog) {
    window.showModalDialog("MyPage1.asp","MyPopup",
    "dialogWidth:500px;dialogHeight:400px");

    } else {

    window.open('MyPage1.asp,'MyPopup',
    'height=400,width=500,toolbar=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scroll­
    bars=no,resizable=no ,modal=yes');

    </script>

    so can see that the popup window name is MyPopup, with MyPage1.asp

    In MyPage1.asp, I got FORM statement to post

    <form method="POST" action="MyPage2.asp" onsubmit="return
    confirmStart()" id="submitform" name="sform" target="_self">

    I have tried with target="_self" or target="MyPopup" in the FORM tag,
    but still it
    will open another new popup window. Why?

    Since I already have MyPopup windows, for any FORM post, I want it to
    be at the same window.
    Meaning that the popup window name is STILL be the same MyPopup, but
    with
    MyPage2.asp

    Can you help ?

    Magix