post form data to a modal dialog window with desired height and width

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Matt, Jun 20, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal dialog
    window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height 200px by width
    200px.

    Here's my attempts and problems:

    Attempt #1) In http://server/page1.asp, it has code <form
    action="http://server/modaldialog.asp" method="post" target="_blank">

    In http://server/modaldialog.asp, it has code <body onBlur = "self.focus()">

    It can produce modal dialog window modaldialog.asp, but I want to set the
    width and height of modaldialog.asp.

    Attempt #2) var sReturn = window.showModalDialog("modaldialog.asp", params,
    "dialogHeight:200px; dialogWidth:200px;");

    This is the effect I want. But this is not posting the form data to
    modaldialog.asp.

    Any workarounds to my problems??

    Thanks!!
    Matt, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Matt

    Steven Burn Guest

    Have you tried;

    <form method="post"
    action="javascript:window.showModalDialog('modaldialog.asp', params,
    'dialogHeight:200px; dialogWidth:200px;');">

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jun 20, 2004

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Steven:

    I just tried your method. It pops up modal dialog. But the problem is it
    cannot get the post data in modaldialog.asp.
    For example: Request.Form("id"); cannot get data in modaldialog.asp

    any ideas??

    Matt, Jun 21, 2004