post form data to a modal dialog window

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Matt, Jun 23, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal dialog
    window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height 200px by width
    200px.

    Here's my attempts and problems:

    Attempt #1) In http://server/page1.asp, it has code <form
    action="http://server/modaldialog.asp" method="post" target="_blank">

    In http://server/modaldialog.asp, it has code <body onBlur = "self.focus()">

    It can produce modal dialog window modaldialog.asp, but I want to set the
    width and height of modaldialog.asp.

    Attempt #2) var sReturn = window.showModalDialog("modaldialog.asp", params,
    "dialogHeight:200px; dialogWidth:200px;");

    This is the effect I want. But this is not posting the form data to
    modaldialog.asp.

    Any workarounds to my problems??

    Thanks!!
    Matt, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Matt

    DU Guest

    Matt wrote:

    > I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal dialog

    In how many newsgroups have you multi-posted your message? In which
    newsgroups would you prefer to read answers and solutions to your
    problem? Can you clarify this for starters?

    Are there particular reasons as to why you prefer to fragment a
    discussion into several threads and to duplicate explanations typed by
    readers of your post rather than to create a coherently formed thread?

    DU
    DU, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Matt

    Mitja Guest

    Matt <>
    (news:) wrote:
    > I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal
    > dialog window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height
    > 200px by width 200px.

    You posted that before. If anything, _blank is the way to go, then JS in the
    target window to resize it. But DON'T DO IT! You're about 154.62% too
    JS-oriented. Your page will most probably be a non-working mess to look at
    with anything but IE. No offence meant.

    Mitja, Jun 23, 2004