HTML to PDF conversion

Paul Gallion

Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
accurate PDF file?
Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.

TIA

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Paul Gallion pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
accurate PDF file?
Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.

Try this. It installs as a printer driver. From your browser, select to
print the page, choose this "printer" and it will ask you to save the file
somewhere. Works quite well, and it's free.

http://pdf995.com/

Aandi Inston

Paul Gallion said:
Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
accurate PDF file?

Accurate in what way? Bearing in mind that an HTML document does not
have a page layout, what are you losing?
Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.

Distiller doesn't do that. You can print from a browser to Distiller,
though, or you can use File > Open Web Page in Acrobat.

Sid Ismail

: Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
: accurate PDF file?
: Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.

Why not? Simply set your Adobe Distiller your default printer, then print
the html. Its a cinch.

Sid

Toby A Inkster

Paul said:
Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
accurate PDF file?

I tend to print to file in either Opera or Mozilla (whichever yields the
best results for that particular page) and then convert the result to PDF
using ps2pdf.

An alternative way would be to load up the HTML file in OpenOffice 1.1
<http://www.openoffice.org/> and use the "Export as PDF" feature.

Gernot Hoffmann

Sid Ismail said:
: Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
: accurate PDF file?
: Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.

Why not? Simply set your Adobe Distiller your default printer, then print
the html. Its a cinch.

Sid

Yes, this works good if the HTML code is clean.
One has to choose Acrobat Distiller PostScript Driver as ACTUAL
driver for printing to file as *.PS.
Then distill by Acrobat Distiller.

It´s nonsensical to choose a Real Printer PS Driver if the file
is intended for distilling.

Best regards --Gernot Hoffmann

Kris

: Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
: accurate PDF file?
: Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.

Why not? Simply set your Adobe Distiller your default printer, then print
the html. Its a cinch.

Sid

Yes, this works good if the HTML code is clean.
One has to choose Acrobat Distiller PostScript Driver as ACTUAL
driver for printing to file as *.PS.
Then distill by Acrobat Distiller.

It´s nonsensical to choose a Real Printer PS Driver if the file
is intended for distilling.[/QUOTE]

Mac OS X lets you print to PDF directly, without intervention of
anything Adobe.

MSD

Yes, this works good if the HTML code is clean.
One has to choose Acrobat Distiller PostScript Driver as ACTUAL
driver for printing to file as *.PS.
Then distill by Acrobat Distiller.

It´s nonsensical to choose a Real Printer PS Driver if the file
is intended for distilling.

Mac OS X lets you print to PDF directly, without intervention of
anything Adobe.[/QUOTE]