    accurate PDF file?
    Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.

    TIA

    Paul Gallion, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Paul Gallion pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
    > accurate PDF file?
    > Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.

    Try this. It installs as a printer driver. From your browser, select to
    print the page, choose this "printer" and it will ask you to save the file
    somewhere. Works quite well, and it's free.

    http://pdf995.com/

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Paul Gallion

    Aandi Inston Guest

    "Paul Gallion" <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
    >accurate PDF file?

    Accurate in what way? Bearing in mind that an HTML document does not
    have a page layout, what are you losing?

    >Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.

    Distiller doesn't do that. You can print from a browser to Distiller,
    though, or you can use File > Open Web Page in Acrobat.
    Aandi Inston http://www.quite.com

    Aandi Inston, Oct 22, 2003
  4. Paul Gallion

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:49:05 -0400, "Paul Gallion" <>
    wrote:

    : Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
    : accurate PDF file?
    : Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.

    Why not? Simply set your Adobe Distiller your default printer, then print
    the html. Its a cinch.

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Oct 22, 2003
  5. Paul Gallion wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
    > accurate PDF file?

    I tend to print to file in either Opera or Mozilla (whichever yields the
    best results for that particular page) and then convert the result to PDF
    using ps2pdf.

    An alternative way would be to load up the HTML file in OpenOffice 1.1
    <http://www.openoffice.org/> and use the "Export as PDF" feature.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    playing://brendan_benson/lapalco/10_pleasure_seeker.ogg

    Toby A Inkster, Oct 22, 2003
  6. Sid Ismail <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:49:05 -0400, "Paul Gallion" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > : Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
    > : accurate PDF file?
    > : Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.
    >

    > Why not? Simply set your Adobe Distiller your default printer, then print
    > the html. Its a cinch.
    >
    > Sid

    Yes, this works good if the HTML code is clean.
    One has to choose Acrobat Distiller PostScript Driver as ACTUAL
    driver for printing to file as *.PS.
    Then distill by Acrobat Distiller.

    It´s nonsensical to choose a Real Printer PS Driver if the file
    is intended for distilling.

    Best regards --Gernot Hoffmann

    Gernot Hoffmann, Oct 23, 2003
  7. Paul Gallion

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    (Gernot Hoffmann) wrote:

    > > : Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
    > > : accurate PDF file?
    > > : Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.
    > >

    > > Why not? Simply set your Adobe Distiller your default printer, then print
    > > the html. Its a cinch.
    > >
    > > Sid

    > Yes, this works good if the HTML code is clean.
    > One has to choose Acrobat Distiller PostScript Driver as ACTUAL
    > driver for printing to file as *.PS.
    > Then distill by Acrobat Distiller.
    >
    > It´s nonsensical to choose a Real Printer PS Driver if the file
    > is intended for distilling.

    Mac OS X lets you print to PDF directly, without intervention of
    anything Adobe.

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)

    Kris, Oct 23, 2003
  8. Paul Gallion

    MSD Guest

    in article 4all.nl, Kris at
    erlands wrote on 10/23/03 5:42 AM:

    > In article <>,
    > (Gernot Hoffmann) wrote:
    >
    >>> : Does anyone know of a way to comvert an HTML document that I created to an
    >>> : accurate PDF file?
    >>> : Adobe distiller doesn't seem to work.
    >>>

    >>> Why not? Simply set your Adobe Distiller your default printer, then print
    >>> the html. Its a cinch.
    >>>
    >>> Sid

    >> Yes, this works good if the HTML code is clean.
    >> One has to choose Acrobat Distiller PostScript Driver as ACTUAL
    >> driver for printing to file as *.PS.
    >> Then distill by Acrobat Distiller.
    >>
    >> It´s nonsensical to choose a Real Printer PS Driver if the file
    >> is intended for distilling.

    > Mac OS X lets you print to PDF directly, without intervention of
    > anything Adobe.

    ----
    I certainly wouldn't use that PDF for anything other than notetaking,
    however.

    MSD

    MSD, Oct 23, 2003
  9. Kris wrote:
    > Mac OS X lets you print to PDF directly, without intervention of
    > anything Adobe.

    Most Linux distros have similar facilities.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Oct 23, 2003