    open the web project located at the following url:
    http://localhost/webapplication1. HTTP/1.1 500 internal server error.

    File | New | Project | ASP.NET Web Application

    Matthew Louden, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Matthew Louden

    Jim Blizzard Guest

    Hi Matthew,

    Thanks for using the newsgroups.

    Did you happen to install the personal web server after you installed
    VS.NET?

    From the command line, run the following command to register ASP.NET with
    IIS:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i

    This should take care of the problem.

    - bliz
    --
    Jim Blizzard, MCSD .NET | http://www.snowstormlife.com/blog
    Community Developer Evangelist | http://www.microsoft.com/communities

    Note: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.
    Please reply to newsgroups only, so that others may benefit. Thanks!

    "Matthew Louden" <> wrote in message
    > I use VS.NET 2003, and try to create an APS.NET web application. However,
    > when I do this: File | New | Project | ASP.NET Web Application, it yields
    > the following error message immediately. Any ideas? I am using Personal

    Web

    Jim Blizzard, Oct 22, 2003