HTTP/1.1 500 internal server error

Matthew Louden

I use VS.NET 2003, and try to create an APS.NET web application. However,
when I do this: File | New | Project | ASP.NET Web Application, it yields
the following error message immediately. Any ideas? I am using Personal Web
Server IIS with Windows 2000 Pro.

The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the web project located at the following url:
http://localhost/webapplication1. HTTP/1.1 500 internal server error.

File | New | Project | ASP.NET Web Application

Jim Blizzard

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for using the newsgroups.

Did you happen to install the personal web server after you installed
VS.NET?

From the command line, run the following command to register ASP.NET with
IIS:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i

This should take care of the problem.

- bliz
--
Jim Blizzard, MCSD .NET | http://www.snowstormlife.com/blog
Community Developer Evangelist | http://www.microsoft.com/communities

Note: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
Please reply to newsgroups only, so that others may benefit. Thanks!