HTTP Handler and null response...

swigerb

I have created an HTTP Module and an HTTP Handler. The HTTP Module is
responsible for encrypting and decrypting all querystring parameters,
which works fine. The HTTP Handler is to act as a proxy for calls to
a specified CGI executable.

Issue: As soon as I configure the Handler within the Web.Config file
to run and begin debugging the Handler and Module...then access a
"test.htm" page with an anchor tag containing a url with a querystring
and parameters, the module is envoked (OnPreRequestHandlerExecute),
then the HTTP Handler, then the module once again
(OnPostRequestHandlerExecute). Within OnPostRequestHandlerExecute(),
the app.Response.ContentType is null. The HandleRequest() method of
the handler does an if check to see if the url contains the CGI
executable's name...and if it does...perform some actions. At this
point, none of the Handler's code is executed within the
HandleRequest() method because it fails this if check (shown through
debugging and stepping through)....yet, the response's content type is
still null within the module's second invocation. The response is not
null (from debugging), yet the contenttype property is....

Thoughts?

Your time and efforts for a response are much appreciated.