    browser and get enough information so I can program something to crawl the
    site in an automated fashion but need to know what headers and stuff to send
    in my request. Thank you.

    Rusty Hill, Jun 1, 2007

  2. Rusty Hill

    Daniel Cigic Guest

    IE Developer Toolbar

    Daniel Cigic, Jun 1, 2007

  3. Rusty,

    There are a few programs out there that will let you do this (I'm sure
    there is even a firefox extension if that is your browser of choice).

    For any kind of web browser though, you can use something like Fiddler
    (which is free). All you have to do is run the program, and then set your
    proxy settings on your web browser to point to the port and ip that the
    interceptor is running on (usually the local host).

    --
    - Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
    -

    Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP], Jun 1, 2007
  4. Charles will record an HTTP session (set of requests) and then replay
    them. That sounds like what you're asking for, right?

    http://www.xk72.com/charles/

    I haven't used that aspec of Charles but in general it's a wonderful
    app.

    Sam

    We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking .NET
    Developers for exciting positions in medical product
    development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
    in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

    Samuel R. Neff, Jun 1, 2007
  5. Rusty Hill wrote:
    > Is there some tool that I can use to profile all the activity HTML, cookies,
    > headers, etc. that are sent back and forth to a site when I access it using
    > my web browser? Essentially I want to navigate a site manually in my
    > browser and get enough information so I can program something to crawl the
    > site in an automated fashion but need to know what headers and stuff to send
    > in my request. Thank you.

    Wireshark?

    RedGrittyBrick, Jun 1, 2007
  6. I suggest Fiddler.
    It's free and good.
    http://www.fiddler2.com

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Jun 2, 2007