http://raa.ruby-lang.org/ problems?

Ara.T.Howard

i am experiencing something quite strange: if i use lynx to view
http://raa.ruby-lang.org everything looks normal (as normal as it can in
lynx!). however, when i use mozilla i get a page that looks like this:

<head>
<title>www.rubyist.net</title>
</head>
Welcome to rubyist.net!

this occurs whether i go directly to the site or follow the link from
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en, so i'm sure i'm not typing the url wrong. i seem
to be able to view the raa just fine with galeon and netscape.

i am using

~ > mozilla --version
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225, build 2003022516

can someone else out there confirm this please?

cheers.

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do
| not love it. --Dogen

Bret Jolly

Ara.T.Howard said:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225, build 2003022516

The raa web page looks fine to me, using
Mozilla 1.6, Copyright (c) 2003 mozilla.org, build 2004012408
at
Wed Jun 16 21:32:27 UTC 2004

Regards, Bret

Tyler Zesiger

I just looked at the sourcecode for the website, and I must say, whoever
coded it appears to have known what they were doing. It's well
formatted, standards compliant, and makes proper use of CSS styling.

I tested it in Opera 7.50, Mozilla FireFox 0.8, Netscape 7.1, IE6, Links
2.1, and Lynx 2.8.5 - The webpage is flawless in all of them. Kudos to
whoever coded that, that's the way every webpage should be done.

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

Hi,

Ara.T.Howard said:
i am experiencing something quite strange: if i use lynx to view
http://raa.ruby-lang.org everything looks normal (as normal as it can in
lynx!). however, when i use mozilla i get a page that looks like this:

Raa.ruby-lang.org (whose IP address is 210.251.121.210 now) had the IP
address 210.251.121.214
which is for www.rubyist.net now. It should be some DNS caching problem
of your browser I think.

Can you check though I don't know how to do it...

Regards,
// NaHi