HTTP to HTTPS

aftab

Hi,
I have a problem, I have been doing a website and it
needs to be made secure, so we have installed versign
in the webserver.
Now the problem is I have a set of .aspx pages which i
will transfer data from page to another page using
server.transfer.

To change the protocol from http to https i just
parse with replace function like the one below
str_REFERRER = Replace(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER"),
"Travel_Info.aspx", "")

If str_REFERRER <> "" Then

str_REFERRER = Replace(str_REFERRER, "http://", "https://")

str_REFERRER = Replace(str_REFERRER, "User_Entry.aspx?TXR=GRE", "")

Response.Redirect(str_REFERRER + "Details.aspx?" + str)

end if

I have used Response.redirect to do this but when i use response.redirect
the Form data like text box values,context.items etc. cannot be transferred
except

if we use server.transfer then the transfer of values is possible but it
gives error saying "INVALID CHILD REQUEST...." error when

i change the protocol to https with server.transfer

server.transfer(https://www.mysite.com/details.aspx) is not possible?

pls give me solution of how to use server.transfer with https protocol so
that all my form values also get transfer.

Jonathan Allen

1. You need to redirect them to the secure page BEFORE they fill in the
form. If you wait until they hit the ok/save/continue button, it is too
late.

2. Request.Redirect never saves form data. It tells the browser to stop what
it is doing an go to the new page.

Leon Mayne [MVP]

It's best to start from a secure page in the first place so that all
redirects can be left relative and will be secure. If you're worried about
users visiting pages without SSL then you can set a directory to require SSL
by configuring it in the IIS snap-in:

1) Right click on the virtual directory you want to protect and click
'properties'
2) Select the 'directory security' tab
3) Under 'secure communications' click 'edit'
4) Make sure 'Require secure channel (SSL)' is checked

If users then try to access your pages using http:// they will get an error
telling them to use https:// instead.